Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Soulful Sundays

I attended Soulful Sundays at Club Genesis on the 18th of this month. It was my first time. I am looking forward to the next edition.

I have a regular Friday plans so I'm good for getting friends to come out and enjoy some music and open mic entertainment. I think I have found a great Sunday activity. Soulful Sundays happens the 3rd Sunday of the month.

The host was a very pleasant person D. Noble. A man, I have never met before. The whole thing was casual and friendly. It was almost like going to a friend's for some live music, a little trash talk and some awesome poetry.

I was fortunate enough to see the North Carolina A&T slam team perform. They are a very talented group.

The feature poet's name was MEKKAH. She was wonderful. I really enjoyed what she had to share. I hate that I didn't have any money to buy her DVD.

Time will tell what poetry has in store for me.

More to come...

No comments: