Monday, January 19, 2009

A visit to my mother and from my spirit guide

Ok. I went to visit my mother this past weekend because I will be gone for two weekends. Even though I have gone to see her for the previous two weekends, I must be seen before I get on a plane to California.

It is hot in my mother's house. I normally dress in layers that I can immediately peal off after crossing the threshold of her home. Or I simply create a circuit track between her den, kitchen, living room and the front porch; ending up on the porch for some cool air and a cigarette.

The temperature in my mother's house is normally about 80 degrees Fahrenheit, once it was nearly 90! I didn't check because I was not going to spend the night and I'd rather not make her uncomfortable for the 8 or so hours that I was going to be in her home.

My mother put some frozen pork chops in the oven to become jerky before we arrived and I decided early on that I was not even going to try to eat that. I told her that I was going to get some chicken and she asked me to go to Wal-Mart while I was out. A 40 minute trip just became 90. Okay mom, anything for you. Whatever gets me out of the hot box. It is too cold to be running in and out of the house every 10-15 minutes. Off we went.

In the time we were gone she must have cranked up the heat to "hell" or something. I went in, sat down to eat and basically lost consciousness!

I slept for about 90 minutes during which time I met with my spirit guide Nyuru, a cat, who told me that things were going to get better.

Confused, I woke up and felt like I'd been hit in the head with a bag of bricks! Dazed and slightly nauseous, I stumbled to the bathroom and wondered why on earth I was feeling so bad.

I got the kids packed up. When I was outside making sure that nothing was hanging out of the car, I realized that I was feeling better! Did I have a stroke? I didn't think it was that hot, but as my body cooled in the evening breeze moist with the rain of the day, my mind started to clear and my head ache started to subside.

While I was able to maintain consciousness, I did have a nice visit with my mother. She was just happy to have the noise in the house. My three year old babbled for two hours straight and has not learned the difference between his inside voice and outside voice. He did fold his arms in a huff when I tried to get him to sing the Hokey Pokey. cute, but no performance for grandma!

Three more days and I'm California bound!

Clear the runway, I'm ready for take off!

More to come...

1 comment:

FluffyToFirm1 said...

OMG, you are too funny!
I shared this with my daugther's daycare provider and HOOTED with laughter even after reading it several times. I can't WAIT to see you!!
N$