Saturday, January 10, 2009

I can hardly wait!

I'm a twin. I never really gave that fact much thought because it is the reality of my life.

People used to ask me all the time "What's it like having a twin?" I never really understood why someone would ask me that because I never walked up to a single birth and asked them what it was like NOT to have a twin. I later came up with a stupid response that I abandoned once I reached adulthood. "What's it like to be a single birth?" ~psssrrt~ I was such a dumb a$$.

Now? I have a much better and heartfelt response. "It's GREAT!" I love my sister very much. My narcissism won't let me do anything but. She looks too much like me.

We weren't always close. I don't think any siblings are ever always close. Through the years we have come to learn that loving each other and being the best biggest cheerleader is a much more fun way to live.

I have two daughters and I hope that they can see from the example that I set in dealing with my sisters that they can do for each other and have a positive uplifting relationship too.

My sister's husband took her to California in May 2008. He's in the military and got stationed out there. I knew when they got married that it would happen. It was just a matter of when. We found out for sure on our birthday in 2008. It put a damper on an otherwise pleasant day. I stayed late that night and tried extra hard to have a good time. They came to spend her last night in the state with me before driving 70% of their worldly possessions across country.

Now our birthday is coming up and I'm going to California! Years of paying my account on time have paid off in the form of a trip out there that only cost me $20.55 round trip. I'm leaving January 23rd and returning February 2nd. I've been counting down since before Christmas. The holidays went by like a blur because I'm looking forward to January. It makes me sad because I know that the time out there won't be long enough. My plan is to make the most of it as possible. Hugs everyday! Playing with my twin nieces! Cooking and Baking! Visiting with all the new friends that she's made. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It's rather odd to read "our birthday." What's it like being a single birth child? Lonely at times. I think it's very cool that you and your sister will be celebrating together, but I guess on some depp, cosmic level, it's always been that way. You have a connection that is so pure, two people out of one person, or something along those lines. Enjoy your trip, happy birthday to you both. This deep thinking made my head hurt!