Sunday, February 22, 2009

Potatoe Salad Changed my life!

I love to cook. I think I'm rather good at it, so I like to eat too.

Cooking on a budget in these economic times is cause for some creativity. I believe that doing my cooking simply is the best way to achieve a wonderful result.

Recently my sister gave me some potato salad that her sister-in-law made for a Sunday family gathering. It was wonderful! I'm not even a fan of potato salad, but this one was great. It changed the way I look at salads that are prepared similarly.

What was so unique about this salad? It's freshness. There were crisp onions, celery and fresh potatoes that were cooked just right.

Ever since then I have made my salads with fresh onions and celery to give it a bit of crunch that is a wonderful layer of texture in the experience of eating something made with love.

When I am feeling down and want to feel better, I cook. If I want to feel better, I cook. I don't have to worry about who's going to eat it because I have the children home to get it gone.

Next food blog will be about cinnamon bun loaf!

Stay tuned! More to come.

No comments: