Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My life in a Drum and beside a toilet!

I thought I would do an update on my neighbor situation.

It has not improved. In fact it has gotten worse. They have dogs now.

They leave the dogs on the balcony all the time and the dogs piss and poop up there. My neighbor "cleans up" after them by sweeping the dogs mess down onto my patio. It has been going on for more than a month. I have complained to the apartment office practically weekly and nothing has changed.

Yesterday, before I left for work, I heard the familiar splashing sound of the water and piss raining down onto my patio. I called the apartment office last week to let them know that she was still doing it and was told that she said she would stop. She didn't. Since I have had no success, I decided to take my complaint to the next level. My plan was to include a complaint letter with my rent check this month, but after seeing that my neighbor was going to continue the filthy practice, I changed my mind and called the main office. I also followed up with a complaint letter, sent to the main office via fax.

Now that the weather is starting to warm up I cannot use my patio for the smell of dog urine and feces. Not to mention the bugs that are feasting on the weeks upon weeks of deposits into my bushes. It is inhuman!

I have already formulated a plan of action. I have been following the chain of command and know what recourse I have if the corporate manager doesn't take appropriate action to stop this filthy injustice.

It is all I can do not to become a featured story on that show "Snapped"! This woman's children are filthy, rude and she obviously doesn't like them from the fact that she lets them run around in overloaded diapers without pants, socks or shoes. Talking to her doesn't work because she doesn't see the error of her actions. The manager of the apartment complex seems to want me to solve the problem. Really?!
She doesn't want me to solve it because there will be police, paramedics and a coroner involved. Problem solved.

Working in customer service gives me a different perspective in these types of situations. It has started to affect my work.

It is hard to be empathetic to someone about paying their bill when there is a TOILET outside my window!

More to come!

No comments: