Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Infatuation

Inspired by a new friend who is an amazing poet and writer, I scribbled out this "teen-aged" poem. This is my tooth pick sized stab at the Dragon of spoken word that I have recently experienced. Conjured up while sitting one night after a late ride listening to my friend's moving words. I just had to give it a try. When I wrote this, I imagined that she was speaking the words. She is such an entertainer when she is on the stage and all eyes are on her. There is a light from within her that shines and is magnified by her voice. I'm a fan.

Enjoy. Maybe one day I will have the nerve to stand behind a microphone and speak aloud the words of my heart.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I can be a part of your life.
How can I be the one you call when you have strife. The one to comfort you when you've had a shitty day, if for no other reason than to tell you that it will be okay.
Even when things are so fucked up, you want to give up...I want to be the one to make you smile.
Can we just sit here for a while? I think you're so amazing.

I listen to your voice and imagine you are talking to me. Your voice says things that the words don't speak. It is like a message in there just for me. Or am I kidding myself?
I don't know what to do. I know I want to see you. I want to get to know more about this amazing person I have encountered.
There is something so real about you and guarded. Open and still a mystery.
The mad scientist in me wants to know "who, what, where, when, why and how". She wants to know what makes you tick.
The Coley in me just wants to know you. To tick to your tock. She wants to share time with you and hear your stories. She wants to tell you a few stories of her own. To share with you friendship and love.
"Love" is not a four letter word to me but a basis of my character. The warmth and that extra squeeze in my hug.
I just want to hold hands and walk. See the world around us unfold and fill with color as we travel this path for a while. I don't know what the future holds. I think it would be great if you were in mine and I in yours.

I'm just sayin'.....this is what I wrote when I thought about you.

No comments: