Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yikes! My bad!

I can't believe that it has been so long since I've posted. I was reading a blog that I follow and thinking, "I've been doing good to post on mine. Wait! I haven't posted in almost two months! Crap!"

Well life has been busy. The summer is here and my children's school year is over so now I have them to keep me company when I should be sleeping. Working til 3 a.m. is nuts when your children get up like the military. 5 a.m. and the troops are on the move. I love the faces people make when I tell them that my children get up at 5 in the morning. It's like they can't understand why. Children love chaos, they need order.

Life has been happening since I last wrote. I started dating, sort of. I stopped dating, for real. I've been working my business and then business fell off a little bit. Now it is starting to pick up again. I am thinking about investing in some catering supplies. My business has been presented with some opportunities to network. I am still trying to figure out what my next steps need to be. I had the conversation today so I am still thinking on it and I'm going to pray on it before I go to sleep tonight.

I think that my life is like a tide. Ebb and flow of the water. Things are a little hectic for a bit then they calm down. My business is cranking with three orders a week for a month or so and then no orders for a few weeks. It worked out great because those weeks were when things were a little crazy. I am so blessed.

I have been trying to be my house in order. Mostly tackle my clutter. I want to be able to have company on short notice and not feel anxious about what my house looks like. It is a process, but I will not let my anxiety keep me from welcoming an unexpected guest.

I will be attending a family reunion this weekend. It is my father's family. I have not attended one of theirs in a while. It is so hard to be around them because they look like him and sound like him. It is surreal. I am hoping for a nice time. It will be a nice way to kick off my children's visit with my mother. They will be visiting for a few weeks and we are all going somewhere together before they stay with her to spend their summer quality time.

I will get something else written soon to share. Until then...More to come.

No comments: