Thursday, August 26, 2010

Facebook Break

Ever the "Mad Scientist", emphasis on the Scientist more so than the Mad. I've decided it was time to take a break from "Facebooking my life away" as my teenage daughter puts it. She says that because she has not been allowed to open a facebook account.

I am going to dedicate the time that I would normally be on facebook to working on getting my home decluttered and organized. Fifteen minutes at a time.

The reason I deactivated my account was personal, but I've decided to turn the situation to my advantage. Lemonade and all that.

I have already noticed that Facebook was one of the first sites I went to when I went on-line. Now? Youtube! I have play lists that I run while I am working around my room. The next one is Hulu. I've been able to catch up on some of my favorite shows.

I think I will also work on putting my cook book together. I have a lot of recipes. Every time I try something new, I have a recipe for it. That way I can duplicate it. I hate to have made something that turned out really tasty and not be able to do it again. I am going to focus on working my business more and getting back on a regular baking schedule. Since the weather has been hot, I have not been motivated to get orders. Not that fall is almost year, I'm going to have some fun trying some new sweets and experimenting with bread recipes.

I've been off for almost a week. My short term goal is to be off for two weeks and I will take it one week at a time from there. Who knows! I might not go back for months.

Time will tell.

More to come....

No comments: