Friday, September 17, 2010

Move is a "four letter word"

I hate moving. I really hate moving. I really really hate moving. I really really really hate moving!!!

I am a pack rat. It is amazing the amount of clutter that one family can accumulate in the course of about three years. I've been spending some of my time off facebook working with some of the clutter. I don't want to move a bunch of trash, which is what I did the last two times I moved. Every session of sorting, shredding and trashing is bringing me closer to a more organized and peaceful home.

I go home after work and set a timer for about 20 minutes and work on a pile of mail, school papers or old papers that have been pulled out from under, well only the good Lord knows where all my crap was stashed. I've come across papers from five years ago. I'm saddened by that. Though I'm not embarrassed because, I'm not a hoarder. After watching a couple of episodes of that show, I can't help but want to throw away anything that I can't logically justify having. I do have some things that really should be donated to somewhere they can be put to good use. Like the box of remnant yarn I keep pulling out and putting back in my closet. I have not crocheted anything in over eight months. I CAN crochet, so that means I should have yarn around in the event a "string flinging" episode overtakes me and I must make something that won't match, stylistically speaking, anything that I or my children wear. Yeah, I'm digging that box out of my closet tomorrow!

I have a modest collection of shot glasses. I have been eyeing them lately, but I've decided they will stay for now. They are fun and they make me look like a drinker. LOL. Maybe I'll post them on ebay or something so someone can buy them. I guess I'll keep about 6 to 12 of them. I'll go home and count them to find out that I have like 14, so I'll end up keeping them all. They don't take up a lot of space anyway.

I think I will invest in a scrapbook or photo album. I have a lot of pictures just piled up in a box and not where they can be looked over or appreciated. I think I will make that my "hobby" project to encourage me to keep my facebook time to a minimum and do something that is creative with my hands, something that my family can enjoy.

The search for another place to park my pillow has been very frustrating. I have budget constraints and don't want to over tax my resources. It really sucks that what I want and what I can easily afford are so distant in reality. I will keep looking and hopefully find my upgrade soon.

No comments: