Sunday, September 26, 2010

Observations While Out in the World

I enjoy going out.  I have said that I enjoy watching people interact with each other.  I know that when I wear a blouse that shows some cleavage, it is because I want someone to see it.  Sometimes I just feel sexy. Sometimes I want to show off my tattoo.

Going out to a club can be better than going to the movies for me.  I get to watch a mix of all the things I like. Romance, Comedy, Drama, Suspense all set to music. Some of the music I know or music I don't know.

Last night I went out with my sister.  We did the "cheap date" dinner, had drinks and just caught up.  I like to tell her stories of my dating experiences.  We like to talk about the things we see and the things we want to do.

I have to admit that while at the "club" we went to I normally drink.  I didn't last night.  I had a beer with dinner and a couple of mixed drinks.  I know it wasn't enough to even get me tipsy.  Let me just say that I know I need to find someplace else to go when I think, "I'm not drunk enough for this mess!" or if I find myself wishing for some other altered state of consciousness.  I would have been able to fool myself into thinking I was having more fun than I actually was.

I did see some people that I like seeing.  That is always nice.  Though not enough to promote my continued presence.  I did see someone I haven't seen in a while.  I don't know this person at all.  We danced together back in July and he was a great dancer.  I didn't recognize him until I saw him on the dance floor.  I know his name and that he is a good dancer, but really nothing else.  Oh, I learned something else.  Breath mints! The man needed a box of breath mints.  I went over to speak and when he turned to me and opened his mouth, My eyes started to water as the smell of hot, rotting fish filled my nostrils. I blinked and prayed the conversation would be brief.  He said a few other things and asked me if I was dancing tonight and I said, "Maybe later."  I hoped I would be able to find him a mint or offer him some gum before we were face to face on the dance floor.  I had to go make sure my skin didn't peel off a bit.  I was stunned.  Later I was thinking, "I'm not drunk enough for this." and soon realized that I need to find someplace else to go.

Let's see how that adventure goes...

No comments: