Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sledge Hammer

I have been suffering from a bit of writer's block lately. There has been so much going on in my life that I can't settle on a single subject to write about.
I attended a poetry slam last week and performed at the open mic. It was supposed to be my first time, but I decided to have a dry solo performance on January 22nd. I was nervous and thought I might puke, but I didn't!
I am not sure where I developed such stage fright, but I need to break that mess down. So I am going to see what I can do to get over this baseless fear.

I want to perform at more open mic events, but I seem to have this pesky writer's block. I am going to work on getting my blog entries up to one a week and that will prove useful in the area of something to read. I might just pull something from previous posts to read. I am told that some of them are funny. Who knows it might be funnier if I read it out loud.

Since my new year has started and my birthday has passed, I am trying to be about my business of moving forward. I am moving away from bad relationships, finding new relationships, and trying to find a balance between those that love me and loving myself.

I need to work on my procrastinating too, but maybe later.

More to come.

No comments: