Monday, February 15, 2010

Potluck Meetup....

It might sound strange, but I'm in that kind of space. I am working to make new friends so I can work to attain some level of balance in my life. I need a life outside of my children. It will give me a chance to not go through withdrawal when they leave home eventually.

In the pursuit of activities outside of my home, I decided to join a meetup club that has pot luck dinners. I am one of the first 20 members.

I have been looking for activities that I can do on my days off. A way to get me out of the house and since I love to cook, it seemed like a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

I attended the first potluck on 2/14/2010. I was nervous, but my sister went with me. I think that I was probably one of the oldest people in the house. The cool thing is the food was great and the company was too. Since I have been told by my friends that I am a food critic, it is wonderful to have a positive experience when I eat food that was not prepared in my kitchen.

I am looking forward to the next experience! Maybe a vegetarian potluck? We will see.

More to come...

No comments: