Friday, February 5, 2010

My sister's Visit.

Spending time with my sister and nieces was great! We have such a high level of love and respect for eachother. I admire her strength and tenacity and she admires mine. We just have different challenges that we take head on, but look at the other's and wonder how she has the strength to deal.

We read the poem "Infatuation" ~ December 15, 2009 Entry. At the open mic. My friend Eurydice, helped me arrange the piece to be performed by two people. My twin and I practiced it a couple of times after she got here and took the stage in matching shirts. I didn't throw up, but I did get nervous. Not her. She stood up there and spoke so strong and calm. She's my hero. All in all I am pleased with the performance. I am going to work on memorizing the poem for future open mics. I might just slam one day.

We made it a girls night out. My sister and her first born, me and my first born. All getting behind the mic to read something.

We watched the slam that was after the open mic and got to see Eurydice win the opportunity to represent our area in a Women of the World poetry slam.

I feel like her visit went by so fast, but we had some quality time together. We cooked for our birthday and spent time with friends and family. I love the memories we are making because I know that they are what I have to comfort me when she heads back out to the CRATER on the west coast.

Peace and Love.

No comments: