Thursday, November 5, 2009

The affects of radiation on Man in the Moon Marigolds

Life is crazy. Life is great! My life is greatly crazy.


In June, while my sister and brother-in-law were visiting and doing some much needed work on my P.O.S. car, I slipped and fell at a gas station while taking the little street luge for a test drive. The following 3 months were a blur of pain, drugs, doctor's visits and physical therapy. I am back at work now and trying to get things back on track. It is crazy that in my last posting I said that I could just get in bed and stay there for a month. It turned out to be three months! Careful what you wish for.

It is amazing how pain is an appetite suppressant! I woke up in pain for months and eating was the last thing on my mind. My home is set up so there is nothing that is particularly quick, I ate a lot of fruit and fresh vegetables. I was still managing to eat, but the amount was much less and the quality was much higher. I lost weight. The physical therapy that I started doing helped a lot. I have even committed myself to doing it at home once the therapist released me to go it alone. So far so good.



Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but not always.

Take that heading with a grain of salt. My dark clouds have silver linings, always. It is only a matter of time before the lining catches the sun and gleams like no body's business! I know this in the very core of my being. I was talking to my mother the other day and I realized that this truth of my life is not so for everyone. I think that is amazing, but see examples of this all the time. People can get so mired in negativity that they don't see the amazing things that happen all around them.



Personal Example:

In November of 2000, I had a bad experience that, at the time, really sucked! Now, 9 years later, I praise the Lord every time I think about it. I was shocked, hurt, betrayed and financially broken. I cried and pulled myself together. I told my friends and coworkers what happened and was blessed beyond my expectations. That devastation and the way I reacted to it, with hope and resiliency, opened the door for some great things.

Something good has come from the bad things that has happened to me. I have friends and family that can't say the same. I can only think that it is because of how they handle adversity. I know that when things get crazy for me, if I stop and appreciate the blessings in my life, I can handle anything. I worked with a woman about five years ago who used to tease me about my positive attitude. I could look at about anything from more than one perspective. There is something good that can be said when things look bad. Granted, there are times when "Dude, that sucks." is the only thing that can be said, but it is an identification with the issue.

Something I learned in 3 months of being horizontal.....

I want to be at home! All the pain aside, I enjoyed seeing my children day after day. They and their godfather made a horrible time much more bearable. I enjoy cooking and have decided to start taking baby steps to work my way toward a little luncheonette.

Step one: The Pink Box of Happiness. My home baking business that will become a catering business with the same name.

Step two: Make connections and get my product in people's hands and stomachs.

Step three: Don't give up.

I hope to have a home style pub and luncheonette. Where you can get good comfort food and a beer if you want one.

Pray for me. That a blessing will come from this too.

More to come.

3 comments:

FluffyToFirm1 said...

SO True!!

Catherine said...

I will SO be there. PBOH....Peabo. Whatever, I am already anticipating the grand opening. I have to tell you honestly that YOUR positive attitude was a big part of what made work bearable for me, and while I miss your beautiful smiling face and pearls of wisdom, I understand your desire to be home, and to be your own boss. I will always love and support you in any endeavor. The law of attraction is always in action, so remember what you want, visualize, believe and receive! Love you!

Catherine said...

BTW, I once played the lead role in a play called 'The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man In the Moon Marigolds.' Coincedence?