Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Neighbor Update

Since my last post there have been some developments. I contacted the corporate office of the apartment complex I live in.

I was getting ready for work one Tuesday morning last week and as I listened to the gentle sounds of the rain outside, I heard the familiar sound of splashing water on my patio. The week before I made yet another call to the apartment office to inform them that my neighbor was still sweeping dog crap off her balcony. They called me back and said that she wasn't doing it anymore. She lied! I was fuming! All I could think of was the fact that on the next warm day, I would have a fog of dog poo all around outside. It had to stop!

Since the apartment office refused to do anything, I decided to go over their heads. The Internet provided me with the number to the main office and I'd gotten the name of the manager over the apartments earlier in the hopes that they would snap to and get moving on fixing my issue. No one wants to have their "big" boss coming down for a conversation about poor job performance. Well that trick didn't work, nothing happened. So I had to use the name.

I called and calmly explained my situation, keeping in mind that I had to keep it simple and not yell or rant. I work in customer service and yelling and ranting never do much but frustrate the yeller/ranter. She responded in a way that I felt was appropriate under the circumstances and promised a call back.

A couple of days later the neighbor rings my doorbell and proceeds to make her child apologize for spitting milk and cereal onto my patio. A stupid display of just how little control over her child she has. I listened and when she was done, I closed the door. I thought that someone must have had a hard talk with her about the mess that has been going on. There have been no more poo deposits, but the flies that are feasting on previous deposits are there and make using my patio out of the question. The saga continues, I am ready for what ever comes next!

Save your spare change! I may need bail money!

No comments: