Thursday, May 21, 2009

Weight Update and Underware rant.....

I bought a scale. I didn't want to but the place that was was weighing on a regular basis fell off the face of the planet and the scale at work is messed up so I had to take matters in to my own wallet.

I had to go to the store to pick up a filter for the AC unit at the apartment and came across a scale for a decent price. I have been under 400 lbs for quite some time and don't plan to go back over, so my "traffic cop" was purchased. I said that I didn't want to weigh myself everyday, but I have. It is interesting how you can put the plate down when you know that you are going to have to stare down at the indeglow screen telling you that you've gained weight. Damn, I shouldn't have had that second, third helping. I am now celebrating 75 lbs down in the past year or so.

As my weight comes down and I have more lose skin, I realize the importance of support garments. Support? It's more like infrastructure. As I truss and strap myself up in the morning, I have a deeper appreciation for those garments. I also realize that my mother didn't teach me enough about underwear. I didn't know what bra size I wore until I was an adult. Sad.

When I called my mother to tell her that I'd lost weight, she sent me a girdle. I thought it was a strange gift. I have since purchased a few more. I have noticed that my waist is starting to appear. It's pretty cool. I wonder if there will be a day that I will be able to get up and not have to put on my spandex to keep things from moving when I stop moving. The more I think about it, the more I realize that as gravity takes it's toll on my body, the more I will need. True.

I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Looking back on pictures from my youth, I wasn't fat. I was big, but not fat and being active would have worked that all out. Well, I wasn't active. I gained weight when I was 17 and pretty much kept gaining.

I tend to think of many things when it comes to my sisters and me like competition. Weight has never really been one of those things. Now my older sister has upped the ante. She had gastric bypass surgery a few weeks ago. Now I have to drop weight so I can get all of her "fat" clothes when she can't wear them anymore. Should this really be a motivation? HELL YEAH! She is a very sharp dresser! She has some really cute clothes. I would love to have them. Since I'm her sister, I get first dibs! I can think of at least 10 pieces of her clothes that I can't wait to get my hands on. Greed is a mighty motivator. Sad but true.

More to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck babe!! You are looking great!