Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weight Update, Sippin' in Support

I'm down under 380! I'm excited because it is headed in the right direction. My sister was in the hospital for a few days and I told her that I was going to go on a liquid diet for a week as a way of showing my support for her.

I was amazed that I made it as long as I did. I personally thought that I would not make it to Thursday. I started my fast on Monday and it ended very early Sunday morning as I was not going to deprive myself of my mother's day breakfast in bed.

My friends were very supportive of the endeavour. One friend offered to make me lunch my first day back at work after finishing my fast. Anything I wanted. I asked for corned beef and cabbage. This particular friend is a good cook and we call ourselves "food friends" so when she offers food, I accept. It is never a bad idea. She came through in spades! She even sent me the food via a mutual friend because she was not at work Monday. She sent so much food! It took me all day to put a dent in it and I couldn't finish it all. It was delicious, simple and I smiled the whole day long. I couldn't even finish it all.

The time turned out to be a good detox period and now I am on track to see the numbers on the scale go down even more.

More to come!

No comments: