Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I am not a writer.

I was on the phone with a friend today, catching up, and he told me that I should be cautious of artists, musicians, writers and especially poets. He said that they always have the right words to say and in the end it turns out that they didn't mean much if any of it at all.
I've been hanging out with artistic types lately. It is always great because they tend to get my creative juices flowing. Even if they aren't expressing the thoughts that I am trying to express, it can be energizing.
I happened to speak with another friend, who IS a writer, and told this friend about the words of caution. Here is what I can remember if their response, along with my own artistic contributions.

Now I am more inclined to take to heart the cautions.

I am not a writer. I simply take words and arrange them in a way to create a mental picture, but I am not a writer.
I am a cook in the kitchen and a beast in the bedroom, but I am not a writer.
I use the words in my heart to speak to your mind, but I am not a writer.
I can use my hands in ways that will relax your body and give peace to your soul. I am not a writer.
I am a parent to my children and a friend to those in need. I am not a writer.
I am a fighter, a wrestler, a promoter, a deal maker. I am not a writer.
I simply take words and arrange them in a way to create a mental picture. I am not a writer.
I need to go write this down.

(I thought I would beat them to the punch! Peace and Love)

No comments: