Monday, March 8, 2010

Poem: Shoes

I need a new pair of shoes.

My month is over and I finally have something left.
My bills are paid, but there will be more.
Rent, lights, food. Babies gotta eat.
Four beautiful faces looking at me for support.

I can’t do this by myself.

I’m rich with the blessings of friends and family.
Rich with the love and support for all my endeavors.

My body aches, my heart breaks. My head hurts and still I move. walking.
I walk so I can keep from screaming.
I walk so I can keep from taking a head long dive toward the nearest pillar to knock myself out.
Maybe I could sleep through all this craziness and maintain the stability I always wanted but could never seem to achieve.

I believe the children are our future, Whitney had it right. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

I have a potential doctor, lawyer, teacher and musician. Ya’ll I’m on a mission! To show them that they make brighter days.

I can’t help the decisions of others.

Deciding that they have a choice where I see none.
Bills need to be paid, babies gotta eat. The end of my month and my money have to meet.

I need a new pair of shoes.

No comments: