Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Poem: Thoughts of you.....

When I go to sleep, my thoughts are not of you. They are of him.
When I wake up, my thoughts are not of him. They are of me.
As I move through my day trying to move forward in my life, I can only hope that you will move on too.

I can fight with him, and fight with him, and fight with him and never win, but I don't lose. It's not that way with you. You have to win, so we both lose.

When I think of you, I don't smile. I used to. I remember those days. Before, you thought you loved me. Before you put me on a pedestal that I don't deserve. Keeping me from the pedestal that I do.

When I was excited to see you and I thought you were something other than what time showed you to be.

When I think of him, I bite my lip. I bite my lip and think of far off places, candles that have never been lit and baby oil.

For all of the time that we have been together, you don't know me. Neither does he.

He knows that aspect of me that is so frustrated with you, I want to take it out on someone, and he lets me. Stopping me before I go too far.

Just different. Pleasing in your own way as he is in his.

When I have thoughts of you, I have thoughts of him.

1 comment:

Black Jorge said...

it make one think.....